What We Do
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
We believe in the power of long-term support, that’s why our programmes are:
- To make people Independent, not Dependent.
- Thousands of people have been involved in our festivals and training sessions. Help people identify their personal talents and help them turn these talents into sustainable incomes.ams
What we Achieved
- 500 women started their own business.
- Hundreds of children were provided with educational materials and out of school tuition.
- We maintain a permanent grass roots presence in Jaffna; Paranthan; Killinochchi; Batticaloa; Ramboda
- Thousand of people have been involved in our festivals and training sessions.
- CORD does not believe in free handouts, but will provide support to get through the worst of times.
CORD in Sri Lanka is very lean. We work out of offices that have been given to us at very low or zero rents. We depend for our funding on our sponsors around the World. And without volunteers coming to us, we couldn’t do much of what we do.
Find out How to help >>